Life Through Instagram

Sunday, July 21, 2013

#1. Wolaver's India Pale Ale

Otter Creek Brewing | Middlebury, VT
India Pale Ale | 6.50% ABV

Poured into a Tulip glass from a 12oz. bottle.

The Wolaver's organic IPA was certainly a beer to try.  At first glance it seemed to fall right into line with most IPA's, but then there was something else.  I'm not sure if it's due to the fact that I am a Localvore and I eat a mostly local & organic diet, but this IPA was something special (maybe even beyond it's organic labeling).  I wouldn't say it was even close to the caliber of some of Vermont's best, but it had a nice crisp hop finish that really pleased my palette.  Sometimes IPA's can be a little rough on my belly, but this IPA was easy to drink and filled my mouth with lush citrus tones a even a delicate spice on the finish.  This beer would be one I could drink all day hanging on the porch, by the pool or even on the golf course.  


Well done Otter Creek & Wolaver's I will certainly be back to sip on some more of your ales, but I'm off to conqueror some more of Vermont' finest ales!


Cheers,


TVBG 


No comments:

Post a Comment