Life Through Instagram

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

#4 McNeill's Brewing Pullman's Porter

McNeill's Brewing | Brattleboro, VT
American Porter | 5.50%

This was a new one for me.  I haven't had any of McNeill's brews before, and stepping out on a limb and tackling a porter was a big step.  I've been trying to expand my palette and experience the better side of the darker beers.  Thanks to McNeill's for crafting such a unique beer.  It wasn't my favorite and I probably wouldn't buy it again.  Although if I was gifted a nice 22oz bottle I would never complain.

The appearance was a rich, deep and dark-amber, as close to black as it could be.  It poured nicely into a tulip glass and hand a good solid head that lasted throughout the drinking.

The smell was dominated by a roasted hop and malt smell with subtle soft hints of chocolate, coffee & honey.

It tasted rich of honey with a surprising hop finish, although the coffee and chocolate didn't carry over from the nose it didn't loose any points on taste for that reason.

The mouthfeel was a bit light for a porter, seemed to be more along the lines of a black IPA,  but I'm not complaining.

Thanks to McNeill's for crafting this special Vermont porter.  I would certainly recommend anyone traveling in the southern Vermont area to stop by their pub and brewery to grab a drink.

Cheers,

TVBG

No comments:

Post a Comment