Life Through Instagram

Sunday, July 21, 2013

#2. Rock Art Ridge Runner

Rock Art Brewery | Morrisville, VT
English Barleywine | 7.20% ABV

Rock Art, some of Vermont's most interesting craft beers, in my opinion.  The ridge runner tends to lean on the safer side of Rock Art beers and seems to be one of their more popular picks.  I was able to enjoy this beer on tap at the Ice House restaurant in Burlington, VT.

Considered a Barleywine, the Ridge Runner is a bold, rich and dark brown beer that is sure to leave you full a full belly.  Personally, I think it lacks the character of a traditional barleywine in terms of it's boldness.  Although the beer is a thick dark brown color with a barley and hop tones forming to create a pleasant mouthful, I think it is missing the high alcohol "punch" delivered by many of its competitors.

Final thoughts:  I don't think I would order this beer again, unless it was the only Vermont beer on the menu.  Although it was satisfying and unique, I think it just lacked the experience I was hoping for.  I would recommend this beer to anyone who hasn't tried it and would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.

Cheers,

TVBG

No comments:

Post a Comment