Life Through Instagram

Friday, July 26, 2013

#3. Foley Brothers India Pale Ale

Foley Brothers Brewing | Brandon, VT
India Pale Ale | 7.0% ABV

I picked up this brew in a 22oz. bomber at Winooski Beverage in Winooski, Vermont.  I poured the IPA into my 16oz. tulip glass.

I had high hopes on this beer because their Ginger Wheat beer has done so well on the forums.  Unfortunately I wasn't as impressed with the IPA as with the Ginger Wheat.  The appearance was a hazy pumpkin orange with moderate head.  The nose picked up little hop, but mostly bread and malty notes.  The taste also wasn't quite there for me.  It mostly reminded me of switchback with a tiny bit of hop.  I was most disappointed in the overwhelming bread yeast notes.  It haunted me throughout the beer.

Final thoughts:  I want to like the Foley Brothers IPA, but I just wasn't having it this round.  They are a local company with all Vermont grown hops (according to their bottle) and a good variety of beer options.  Maybe the IPA wasn't for me.  I've had their Ginger Wheat on multiple occasions and I love it.  I have a 22oz. bottle in the fridge (I'll review it soon).  Try their beer if you are form Vermont.  It won't hurt you!  Maybe you'll like it.  Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

TVBG

No comments:

Post a Comment